Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, July 27, 2012

Cajun Tenderloin & Scalloped Sweet Potatoes

I used to be in love with Tyler Florence. He use to be one of the Food Network stars. I wonder what happened to him. He use to have this show called "How to Boil Water." My kind of show. It was catered to the kitchen impaired...just like me. Well it used to be me 6 years ago. 

This is one of the easiest and most delicious dinners you can ever make! Cajun tenderloin with braised greens. I haven't made the braised greens in a while. I can't recall why. If I remember correctly my hubby ate them but he told me they are not his favorite. I thought they were delicious. 

The spiciness of the Cajun pork goes well with Cheddar scalloped sweet potatoes. I love cheddar and my hubby loves sweet potatoes. 

The recipe calls for large sweet potatoes but I find that it's easier to slice the small. Take my advice! Also they cook faster. It is imperative that you attempt to have all your slices the same size if not you will end up with unevenly cooked sweet potatoes. Just ask my husband he'll tell you. 

You know how they say it's wonderful for couples to cook together. Well it's a bit agonizing to me. I do everything at a slow and steady pace because I want things "perfect." My husband is a hare; he just wants to get things done. The faster the better. Unfortunately I have this complex in which I believe my way is the right way. I've come to realize every human being is like that. "If you want something done right then do it yourself!" But what's the fun in that? 

As I watched my hubby peel the sweet potatoes I found myself "supervising" his work. Horrible I know! He takes my criticisms very lovingly. He actually makes me laugh at myself. It was quite enjoyable. I really don't like to judge people. I hate criticism. Eventually I demoted him to bus boy. As bittersweet it is to have my hubby in the kitchen with me, I rather have him by my side. My hubby loves this meal so much he even ate my sweet potatoes! 

You must try this meal. It is delicious and the best meal for a beginner. I mean come on, it was featured on a show called "How to Boil Water!" What's your favorite delicious and easy meal to prepare?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...