Pages

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Boys to Men


Getting all pumped up for the first day of school got me all motherly. Once again I can't just live in the moment. I started thinking about the kind of men my boys will grow up to be: More specifically their occupations.

Do you think that Barrack Obama's mom looked at him when he was baby and said "I just know you will be president some day"?

I know that certain children are born into affluentual families and are destined to continue in the family business. Some take their place willingly others go in fighting and screaming. Then there are the few that want to make their own mark in the world unobstructed by nepotism. When I become a rich entrepreneur (took me a while to figure out how to spell that: Don't judge me!) I would hope my sons would carry on the family business but I would not force them into it. I guess that choice becomes harder with 3rd generation family corporations. 

I try to tell my sons everyday that it doesn't matter what they chose as a career as long as they are happy with their choice. I can't wait to see the type of men they will become. The opportunities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...